Saturday 18 April 2015

Hovercrafts Intro.

Hey guys! My blogs will be about hovercrafts. I will be posting my research on hovercrafts every month or so. I have been watching a few videos about how other people made mini hovercrafts. There were three levels of mini-hovercrafts. The easiest was having a CD attached to a bottle cap and a balloon. The link:(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhInI7voJsU&noredirect=1). The next way was to have styrofoam, a rubbish bag, some motors, batteries and fans (you can also add some design). This took more steps but the end result feels more satisfying and fun. The link: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMSdA4-Gn4). The final level of a mini-hovercraft was to have a wooden plank, a leaf blower motor, duck tape and a big plastic sheet.. I like this one the most but it is also the most costly and needs more effort to be put in. The link: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HI137m7XA4). I personally would love to have the final mini-hovercraft but I don't think I can raise the funds for a leaf blower. So I will probably make the middle level hovercraft for my end product. I also researched on hovercrafts work. The way they work is, when the giant fan on the back is turned on, some of the air gets diverted into the "skirt". This creates a layer of air from the vehicle and the ground. This is why the hovercraft can maneuver on the ground and water quite well. Now what I would love to see happen soon is the actual flying hovercraft that is shown in movies. But I can only dream about that currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment