Tuesday 21 July 2015

Lightning Physics

This is a continue to my last blog which I had done. So as you all know I have been doing the topic lightning and have been trying a lot of things out and reading and researching more and more as the days go by. So the last time I thougth you guys how to create you own lightning and I wonder how many of you tried it out and if so did it work, i would like to get some feed back on that. 
So actually i dont have a lot to write as I was quite busy studying like Albert Einstein but anyways this is a bit of an interesting thing i would like to share with you my readers:

1. Lightning is a powerful burst of electricity that happens very quickly during a                           thunderstorm.
2. Lightning is caused by an electrical charge in the atmosphere that is unbalanced.
3. The movement of rain and ice inside a thundercloud creates an electrical charge, with the     negative charge (electrons) forming at the bottom of the cloud and the positive charge           (protons) forming at the top.
4. Opposites attract so the negative charge at the bottom of the cloud seeks out a positive         charge to connect with.
5. Lightning can occur inside clouds, between clouds and from clouds to the ground.
6. Around one quarter of lightning is from cloud to ground.
7. When lightning strikes the ground it seeks out the shortest route to something with a             positive charge, this might be a tree, a tall building or if they’re very unlucky, a person.
8. Thousands of people are struck by lightning every year.
9. Direct lightning strikes are usually fatal.

This is all I would share cause i would not want to spoil my presentation.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment